Saturday, November 5, 2011

Awesome ornaments!!

I tried playing around with some heavy glitter cs that i had..after a friend had posted a site that someone did with the glitter cs and painting it.
Mine didn't turn out to my liking..so decided to play with some alcohol inks instead..and quite like the outcome. Now this glitter cs is very heavy that i have..it's like sandpaper..so not quite sure what was used in the other tut.
 I used silver here..it was not capturing  just the silver alone with the camera..i  also used gold, and turqouise.
Now with this technique you will never get the same look twice.
Kind of like snowflakes..lol..
For these.
I punched out my ornaments with my SU punch on heavy glitter cs..

loaded 3 colors...cranberry, stream, lettuce..and a bit of silver metallic..
and pounced away.. then a few drops of the blending solution to make it marbley (it is a word..lol..mine)..
It's a matter of preference really..in real life they are very pretty..
I also layer a top-coat of crystal effects on one..another look..glossy..and pretty again..

Hope you'll try it ..now you can put these on a card..or make tree ornaments..with them..goooo for ittt!!!!..
Loves Ya

Loves ya

4 comments:

Patti J said...

Those are beautiful, Gail! All of your posts today feature pretty ornaments! Great job on all - thanks for sharing! I really think these are my faves!

Charmaine Stack said...

Gail, these are gorgeous and so unique. I have never thought of alcohol inks over glitter cs. I really want to try this now. TFS!

Basement Stamper said...

very pretty ornaments.

Darlene Gabriel said...

Gail these turned out so well - very pretty.