Monday, May 16, 2011

Spinach salad

Hi all, i have this awesome dressing for spinach salad..
I been on WW for 2 weeks and par to the course have lost 2 lbs.

I loveeeee this salad..with spinach, sliced sweet onions, sliced  almonds (1/2 tbsp.) and dried currants.

Now the dressing:

2 tbsp. pure maple syrup (not pancake syrup)
1-1/2 tsp. cider vinegar ( i had red wine vinegar on hand so used that)
1 tsp original dijon mustard
Salt and pepper ( i omitted the salt)

Slowly whisk in 1/4 cup canola oil

Now i use about 1/2tbsp.  on  reg. salad
And if i am having a LARGE salad..then  1 tbsp.
It is delish.
I count 1-2 points ..depending on how big the salad and the almonds etc.
Keeps in the fridge well..hubby and i both love it..

a home made bun and this is quite satisfying for me..

So i save points for my frozen yogurt or frozen yogurt bars...

Hope you try it..and find it as good as i do..

Loves ya

3 comments:

Barbara Godden said...

Sounds yummo. thanks for sharing. Good luck with the WW, it will come off.

Patti J said...

Hi Gail! Thanks so much for dropping by and becoming a follower at my blog - I'm stalking you as well :) Girl, your recipe sounds delightful! Can't wait to try it - thanks for sharing! Hugs...

CuddlyBunny said...

Gail, this does sound delicious!

One of our favorite WW friendly salads is similar with spinach, but is topped with a sprinkling of dried cranberries and chickpeas. Tossed with olive oil and red wine vinegar. Yummy!

... we'll definitely try yours too as My Guy and I will eat *anything* that includes nuts (especially almonds) ... which, of course, might explain some of the ol' weight that needs to come off ... ha ha ha ...